My proofreading service focuses on the mechanics and grammar of your manuscript. A proofread is a final look at your manuscript to find any pesky typos, grammatical errors, and stylistic inconsistencies that may have survived other rounds of editing before your work is published.
If you are coming to me for a standalone proofread, it is recommended that you provide your own style sheet. If you do not have one, I will create one for you.
Price: $0.008 per word
What you get
1. Word-by-word check
I will proofread your novel line by line and fix any remaining red flags that could distract your reader. The focus will be on the following:
- Correcting spelling, grammar, punctuation
- Ensuring consistency in spelling, hyphenation, numerals, fonts, and capitalization
- Dialogue punctuation
- Homophones and homonyms
- Pagination and chapter sequencing
- Checking for minor internal consistency issues
- Fixing any formatting issues (e.g., ensuring that quotation marks face the correct direction, dashes are not rendered as double hyphens, extra spaces are deleted)