You are happy with your story and its structure and now you want to focus on sentence-level readability. This service aims to refine your text by correcting, restructuring, and rewording. I will help you enhance the readability of your writing while retaining the integrity of your style and voice.
Price: Starts at $0.015 per word
This is a two-part service.
1. I will edit your novel line-by-line. The biggest focus will be on clarity and flow; my aim is to enhance the readability of your words while maintaining your unique voice. Along with tracked comments, you will receive a comprehensive editorial report covering the following:
- Told versus shown prose
- Clichés and awkward metaphors
- Dialogue expression
- Effectiveness of sentence-level narration
- Pace and flow: special attention to repetition or overwriting
- Confusing narrative digressions
- POV and tense
- Flag plot holes
- Flag tracking/continuity problems
2. You and I will agree on a date by which you will submit your updated manuscript to me. At this point, I will perform a thorough copyedit to correct and further strengthen your writing. You will receive a style sheet that includes a list of characters and notes style decisions. A copyedit will include:
- Checking for any potential legal liability (flagging potential libel or copyright issues)
- Ensuring consistency in details
- Ensuring the accuracy of scenes (medical, legal, police)
- Checking grammar, spelling, punctuation
3. (Optional) Add on a final proofread and receive 10% off the total for all services
This service includes 45 minutes of follow-up chat.