All new clients start out with a free sample edit. This allows you to make sure you like my editing style and that we are a good fit.
Find the right fiction editing and proofreading services for you. Services can be customized to fit your needs and budget.
Fiction Editing Packages
AGENT TEASER PACKAGE
You are interested in traditional publishing and looking to secure representation. You are happy with your story and its structure, but your writing still needs some polishing. This package includes a scaled-down version of a full line and copyedit, where I will edit the first 10,000 words of your novel. Polishing the first 10,000 words will help get an agent’s attention.
I will correct and smooth your prose and also review and provide feedback on your query letter and synopsis.
This package includes two passes of your manuscript.
What you get
1. Line-by-line edit of the first 10k words
I will edit the first 10,000 words of your novel, focusing primarily on clarity and flow. I will address the following:
- Told versus shown prose
- Spelling, grammar, syntax, punctuation, hyphenation, and capitalization
- Clichés and awkward metaphors
- Descriptive and character-trait consistency
- Dialogue expression: style, tagging, and punctuation
- Effectiveness of sentence-level narration
- Pace and flow: special attention to repetition or overwriting
- Confusing narrative digressions
- POV and tense
- Flag plot holes
- Flag tracking/continuity problems
- Potential legal liability (flag potential libel or copyright issues)
- Accuracy of scenes ((medical situations, police scenarios, legal scenes)
- Factual issues, if any
2. Editorial report and style sheet
- A report detailing observations while editing your book, in line with those areas addressed above
- The style sheet records decisions about spelling and style choices and tracks descriptions of characters and places.
3. Query Letter & Synopsis
4. 30 minute follow-up call
Book your free 1,500 word sample edit to obtain a quote via the form below. There, you can let me know a little about your project, word count, timeline, budget and the service(s) you’re interested in.
I’ll reach out to you to learn more about your project—your goals and vision. At the same time, I’ll complete the sample edit.
After I complete the sample edit, I will provide you with a quote and timeline. We’ll chat by email or phone and review the sample edit.
If you decide to work with me, we’ll choose a start date for your project which will be secured upon acceptance of the terms of service and payment of the deposit. The project timeline and payment terms will be outlined in the contract.
Once that is all done, we’ll get started!