Have you ever wondered how to take a photo of your e-reader without a glare, weird reflection or other issues? Or where people have gotten book cover graphics? Want to create your own Instagram stories templates?
Here are the tips and tricks that I have learned that have helped me with my Instagram pictures and blog graphics.
1. How to Superimpose a Book Cover on an eReader
When I first started my bookstagram, I would try taking photos of my eReader with the cover image and they never came out well. There would be weird reflections, the colors would be off, and there was usually a glare. Then I discovered a couple ways to superimpose a book cover over a photo of my eReader.
Personally, I use a free photo editing site, Pixlr, to manipulate covers onto photos of my eReader. I discovered this great tutorial* from Paper Fury, which provides you a step-by-step guide in using Pixlr and now I can quickly create great bookstagram photos for my ebooks like these.
*The tutorial is based on the old Pixlr website design but the same instructions apply to the new design. You will want to choose Pixlr E
2. Creating Book Cover Graphics
Have you ever seen a graphic like this on a person’s Instagram story or in a post and asked yourself, where did they get it? Well, here is how to make them.
There is a great free site, DIY Book Design that lets you create a 3D mockup in various formats, from eBooks to hardcovers.
You can do a single template or a composite like the photo above. You just select your template, upload the cover image, which you can get from Goodreads or Amazon, and then download your finished graphic.
3. Creating Instagram Story Graphics & Templates
Love those different templates you see on people’s Instagram stories? Want to create your own? Want graphics for your stories? Here are some places to make them.
Canva is a great source to create graphics for your Instagram Stories. It has a free version and a pro version. I use Canva mainly for Pinterest Pins and other blog graphics but it does have some awesome templates to serve as a starting point for creating your own.
I recently started creating graphics for my own stories and I have been using Adobe Spark which I have access to through my Adobe photography plan which is $9.99/month. Here are a couple graphics I recently made using Adobe Spark:
1. To create, I created a new project and selected the Instagram Story template. Once the workspace was open, I pressed add, then selected photo, to add the texture, which I chose to Pin to background.
2. Now you add your text. once again go to add, then select text. There are templates or you can just click add text to start from scratch
3. to create my follow friday template, i then added sections to put instagram handles by going to add then icon then searching “banner”. after you add the icons, you can adjust the color.
Check out some more blogging resources here